Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am member of a condo association where it has come to my

Customer Question

I am member of a condo association where it has come to my attention that the Board conferred a superior use license to portions of the common elements at the exclusion of other unit owners. This was done to entice this owner to purchase multiple units.
My thinking is that since this effects the value of that unit, making it worth more due to the extended or increased access to the common elements (that point is uncontested) would require a vote of unit owners and unanimous.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What do the bylaws and CC&R say about this access, because under IL law, it is those bylaws and CC&R that govern your rights in this situation?