Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have a certified copy of my mortgage title. Where do I go

Customer Question

I have a certified copy of my mortgage title. Where do I go to file an error and omissions claim?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Please explain to us what is going on and specifically what you are trying to accomplish (I know you said an errors and omissions claim).
Do you have a title insurance policy from when you bought the house?
What happened?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm in the middle of foreclosure. My defenses are to file a counter claim adverse claim, or raise the right to rescind. I thought that filing an errors and omissions claim for the title will prove that the mortgage was paid at closing. Yes I do have the title insurance policy.
Thank you for your reply.
Filing an errors and omissions claim is something that is done against whoever filled out the title if they filled it out incorrectly. If the title was incorrectly filled out, then you can file a claim with the title company who would protect you by defending the title.
However, you say the mortgage was "paid at closing" did you pay off the mortgage by paying cash?