Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I live in a senior mobile home park in own the mobile but

Customer Question

I live in a senior mobile home park in own the mobile but rent the land it sits on I had trees there on the land I rent. well the trees were arborvitaes over 30 feet tall well the electric company has domain so they said the trees have to be cut down to 6' and the owner said I am responsible for the cut down or removal I really don't feel have to pay for them sense the electric company said they have to be done so the manager said that the owner was having all he other trees under the power lines but that I have to pay for the trees on this property they want me to me to pay a portion now that they cut them down they are dying now do I have to pay to have them removed do I have any rights not to have to pay for any of thing because I don't own the land. help help
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the electric company has an easement, unless the easement says otherwise, they are liable for cutting the trees. Even if the electric company is not liable under the terms of the easement, then as you do NOT own the land, the landlord is the one that is liable for the costs, as the land belongs to the landlord and not you. You need to tell the landlord, the land is his land and it is his responsibility and if he takes action against you to try to make you pay then you will sue him for breach of lease and retaliation.
You are not liable to pay for anything unless your lease says that you are liable to pay.