CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

Aloha, I own a rental property in Florida that I want to

Customer Question

Aloha, I own a rental property in Florida that I want to refinance AND transfer into an LLC. I've just divorced and I have to buy the ex-wife out of the property, after which she will quitclaim the deed to me. In Florida, any time you transfer title or
refinance you have to pay the doc stamps and whatnot, which will cost me a couple of extra grand. So, can I do the refinance, the quitclaim deed from the ex, and the transfer to the LLC all in one shot so that I only have to pay the fees one time?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you and your ex can execute a single quitclaim deed from the property as it is held now (joint tenants, tenants in common, etc.) and transfer the property to the LLC.

There is no requirement for the property to go from joint ownership to sole ownership to LLC.