How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attyadvisor Your Own Question
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6336
Experience:  29 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Attyadvisor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

House is in forclosure,loan modificationhas been deferred

Customer Question

House is in forclosure,loan modificationhas been deferred for six years and Bank of America has been fined for duel tracting. Green Tree will not modify the loan.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that there was dual tracking on your loan? Have reported this violation to the consumer protection agencies? Have you gone through HUD for a loan modification?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no as of yet.
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately many of the mortgage foreclosure rescue attorneys are scam artists as well. Did the charge you an up front fee?

Give me a moment to put together all the links for you.

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

The Vermont Department of Financial Regulation can assist you at

You will also want to file a consumer complaint against the lender at

This link helps identify with the attorneys were part of a scam

The FTC will also investigate and take an online complaint at

As far as dual tracking may wish to file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at

You can contact HUD directly to assist you with a loan modification at

Please do not hesitate to ask meany additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I may receive credit for my work I would appreciate it. Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any additional question for me?

Related Real Estate Law Questions