How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attyadvisor Your Own Question
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6549
Experience:  29 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Attyadvisor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a single family dwelling next door to me. It appears

Customer Question

I have a single family dwelling next door to me. It appears that the original owners only "live" there part time. What they have done it to bring in [and, I don't know how many people are involved but, it appears to keep increasing] other people or maybe family members to live there. This is a single family neighborhood. I have a single family house next door to these people. These people have chopped down all of the fir trees and sold the the place is barren...except for the weeds. The owners store their heavy equipment, boat, and big trailer there and have really done nothing to "beautify" their remodeled house or yard. I'm not in the selling market right now BUT, if I were, I would not get top dollar on my home because of what they are presenting to our neighborhood.
There is more to list but I will stop there because I would like to have answered the question of, "If a homeowner lives in a single household neighborhood, is there some sort of law requiring all of its residents in a neighborhood to have only a single household house live there? What can I do if this "is" the case?" What are my options if this is not the case? Thank you . . .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

We would need to look at your local zoning laws. Where in Washington is the property located? This could be a zoning violation and would need to be reported.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My zip is 98686 . . . I'm near the intersection of XXXXXXXXXXXX
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.
I need to know the city, town or county that you are located in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.
There are very specific laws that govern land use and development.
There are different single family residential districts and each has their own set of laws.
The city code is Title 20 Land Use and Development located at
If the property is located outside of the city it is governed by Clark County zoning laws.
40.220 contains:
Single-Family Residential Districts (R1-7.5, R1-10, R1-20)
Single-Family Residential Districts (R1-6, R1-5)
Residential Districts (R-12, R-18, R-22, R-30, R-43)
Any county land use concerns can be reported to
Within the city limits you can report your concerns to
If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to ask me.
If you would be kind enough to rate my service so I may receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.
Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Related Real Estate Law Questions