Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

What does the P/O mean in regard to parcel of land with the

Customer Question

What does the P/O mean in regard to parcel of land with the map number? This has to do with the recording of a conservation easement in the land records.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

I would need to see the entire phrase or paragraph in which "p/o" appears in order to be able to figure out what it means.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tax map 9, parcel P/O 60 is description as to the location of the property where a conservation easement is located.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHERES, the Final Forest Conservation Plan, and the Worcester County Forest Conservation Law require the establishment of a forest conservation easement in, on, over and through the forest conservation area, to ensure the permanent protection, management and inspection of said area.
Tax map 9 parcel P/O 60
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

That is apparently an exclusively local term that forms part of a property description for tax purposes. Perhaps a local real estate lawyer, broker, or the County Assessor can tell you what the P and the O stand for. I haven't any idea.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish you could of been more helpful.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
I do too, but that term is strictly local.There may be only a few people in your county courthouse and local real estate world who know what the those letters stand for. I can add one other source of information for you and that would be a local title insurance company, title examiner or attorney.