Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My husband and i stumbeled into a property that the owner

Customer Question

my husband and i stumbeled into a property that the owner had past away in 1999 and this property was going into a tax sale we found out and we paid the taxes and we file some ----documantes to file for badverse possesion months later this party should up and claim that they had a quit claim deed we had taken possesion of the property but to much drama was going on and we moved out that is my son my mother was dignose with cancer and i couldnt handel all the pressure this party was suing us for 25,000.00 0ne year later my mother had past so i had time to get to the bottom my attorny called there attorney and they said that they would drop the lawsuit if my husband would take his name of titel we said no didnt hear untillagine they didnt pay the taxes and we made arrements to pay back taxes what can we do to get legal possesion? thank you
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
I need to ask a few questions before I comment...
.
1. Can you tell me who is in physical possession of the property currently?
.
2. Who is listed as the legal owner of the property now?
.
3. How long did you live in or maintain the property before vacating?
.
4. What is the basis of the other person's lawsuit against you?
.
5. Have you determined if the quitclaim deed was properly executed before the prior legal owner's death and legal?
.
.
thanks