Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am currently trying to purchase a home in stae. This is a

Customer Question

I am currently trying to purchase a home in Washington stae. This is a va loan. I have been working with a lender that now sounds uncertain that they will make the 45 day contract expiration date. what legal rights do I have if the deal goes bad because of there delays?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: Unfortunately, you have none. The lender is not required to grant you financing without making sure that you have satisfied all requirements. This unfortunately oftentimes means delays with a closing. You have to work with your realtor and your Attorney if you have one to ensure that you are getting proper extensions from the Seller.