WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I live in Matteon Illinois 60443 --there are telephone poles

Customer Question

i live in Matteon Illinois 60443 --there are telephone poles on street--the pole in front of the house is leaning (15 to 20 degrees) the right of way may be abandoned. How do i find out who has maintenance responsibility to fix or repair said pole?
Thank you *****
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
I would call 611 and get the repair service with the local telephone operating company that has responsibility for maintaining the poles. You should exaggerate a bit and tell them that it is about to fall on your house and bring down trees and crash through your roof so that they come out quickly.
Another thought is to call the electric utility company because there is probably electric wires on the phone poles as well. usually they run together.
Good luck to you. Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. I wish you all the best.