Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My husband and i agreed to sell our house for $630,000.

Customer Question

my husband and i agreed to sell our house for $630,000. for sales contract. a few days later listing agent's office called us told that we have something has to be signed there. we presented, the listing agent told that the buyer wants to reduce their future township property assessment value with which they pay $31,500 of our commission to directly to the listing agent and report $598,500 county deed office and so official sales price will be the same. the listing agent said sign the form. we were really surprised to hear that suddenly and even net sales price becoming the same any way, we sacrificed already $100,000 to get rid of the house. we were very unhappy to know people the commission reduced price because of our pride. we told the agent we are not comfortable but she raised her voice,said if you don't sign I'll cancel this deal. how can we complain this to legal entity?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Are you saying that the realtor wanted you to drop the price of the house to $598K to lower taxes on the buyer and then the buyer would just pay any commission directly to the realtor?.

.

.

thanks