Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor, multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation & admin
18572087

Gave earnest money of mobile home is there a cancelation

Customer Question

gave earnest money for purchase of mobile home is there a cancelation period?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. Unless the contract specifies a right to cancel (also known as a 'right of rescission'), there is no automatic right to cancel. While some specific contracts may have a statutory right to terminate, giving an offer for a mobile home is not one of them. I do apologize, but if the earnest money offer is accepted, it is binding against the parties and cannot be terminated unless there is language or conditions that would permit such a right to take place. Sincerely, ***** *****