Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

Mortgage question: House Deed is in my name but Mortgage is

Customer Question

Mortgage question: House Deed is in my name but Mortgage is another name, Can the mortgage company give me info what owed on the loan without going through the other person? Not sure other person giving correct info what owed on my home. So need find out give me that info without involving that person.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..This would be a matter of the individual lender's privacy policy, but as a practical matter, I have never seen a lender who was willing to give out financial information about a customer to anyone other than the borrower, someone with a power of attorney, or a representative of their estate or other legally appointed representative like a trustee or guardian..You can contact the lender to see if they will give you a payoff amount, but in my experience they will cite privacy policies and refuse to do so..One way you could get this information is to contact a local closing company and see if they can put in a payoff request for you as the lender will normally respond to them if they feel that a payoff or refinance is in the works...thanksBarrister