TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

My girlfriend and I broke up and we have been living in my

Customer Question

My girlfriend and I broke up and we have been living in my house for one year. She still have a 6 month lease on her apartment that she is subletting out to her older children. I sent her an email on July 4th to leave my home by the 22nd of July. She refuses
to leave and states that I need to give her $2000.00 so that she can get her own place or continue to live here rent free until she gets her money up. What are my options to remove her from my home? I am in Wake County, NC.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. You will have to evict her if she refuses to leave voluntarily. Evicting her will first require giving her a 30 day notice to day vacate. Accordingly, I would give her a written letter telling her to vacate by August 31st. If she refuses to leave by then, you can file the eviction action in court. You can get the forms that you need from your local court clerk. The hearing would likely be about 3 to 4 weeks after the eviction is filed. So, realistically, it'll probably be about 2 months before you can physically force her out of the house.Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Answer was okay, but not very good for me.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again. I'm sorry that my answer was bad news. Unfortunately, I have no control over that. I can only provide to you an honest answer. A less than honest answer that was good news may get you into trouble if you rely on it. In any event, please let me know if you need any clarification, and please remember to provide positive feedback.