J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
64316804

I need to find out if a lien is on my property. My son (who

Customer Question

I need to find out if a lien is on my property. My son (who has the same name as me) had a judgement again'st him and it seems it may be on my record.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today but please note this is general information only, not legal advice.
I am sorry you are dealing with this situation. Not sure why the court clerk could not assist you with finding the record. The recorders office typically will have this information. An abstract of judgment would be recorded and should be able to be viewed at the county recorders office.
A couple of other avenues, one being to contact a title company in Denton and have them do a title search. There is a fee associated with this, typically of around $50.
Another avenue is through online databanks such as courthousedirect.com see https://www.courthousedirect.com/AdverseLienSearch.aspx
If you enter the preliminary information, ie. county, name and date range it should produce a list of documents associated with a property. Fees would apply if you needed to download images.
Another free search accessed through the Denton County website is: http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/view/slid/8742
All my best & encouragement.
Kindly remember the only way experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on ok, good or excellent service even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. You must complete the rating for the expert to receive any credit.
All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.