Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.
7286322

What is the legal height wires or cable tv lines ect ove

Customer Question

What is the legal height for telephone wires or cable tv lines ect over state highways in the state of ILLinois? Also
where can we find a copy of this statue. or law?
Our email is***@******.***
Thanks
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not to participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.See HERE. Sec. 9-112.1. No person shall place or cause to be placed any sign or billboard or any advertising of any kind or description upon any State highway or on any other highway outside the corporate limits of any municipality except as may be required by this Code or "The Illinois Vehicle Code", as now or hereafter amended. This provision also shall apply to signs, billboards, or any other advertising upon any bridge, other structure, wire, cable, or other device, over or above such highway, whether constructed by the Department or others except signs designating the name of the railroad and the clearance provided. This Section does not prohibit or prevent any public utility from placing upon, above, below or near any of its facilities any signs or markers giving notice of the existence, identification or location of such facilities located upon or adjacent to any such highway. Such signs or markers shall be limited in size and shape to the minimum necessary consistent with the safety of the public in accordance with rules and regulations as promulgated by the Department. Any person who violates any of the provisions of this Section shall be guilty of a petty offense and fined not less than $10 nor more than $100 for each offense. It seems that there is a general prohibition against this.I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.