WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

Ifor a tree base is growing on a property line and is leaning

Customer Question

Ifor a tree base is growing on a property line and is leaning leaning and the majority of the trunk and all of the canopy is on your line can you have the tree removed if your neighbor won't give you permission
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
No, under applicable law you do not have the right to cut the tree, provided however, that the owner of the tree is responsible for any damage that it does to your property and if you warn them, they can have liability for negligence too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Please rate the answer 4 or 5 so that I get credit for my work and you can close out the question. Thanks.