Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Richard , how do I go about filing suit asking

Customer Question

Richard , how do I go about filing suit asking for a declarative judgement from the court regarding our proposal to build an outbuilding
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You'll need an attorney to prepare the filing for this lawsuit for you. Under my terms of service with JustAnswer, I'm not allowed to make a specific recommendation, but I can give you direction. You would want to either contact the state bar association or your nearest law school for a referral. I prefer the latter because they take great pride in their graduates and will take a more personal interest in making sure your referral is a good one because it will be a reflection of the school. But, this is not a particularly complicated case so you would only need a 1-2 year lawyer rather than a more experienced lawyer with the higher billing rate that comes with that experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one last question, and FYI you have been excellent !!! my wife and I appreciate the legal advice and direction, it has given me courage to push this through- feeling like David against Goliath if I can prove my evidence against the HOA in court can a small guy win against Goliath ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
:) Absolutely, you can prevail. That's what courts and the law are for....to level the playing field and prevent these big bullies from intimidating people. HOA boards are typically made up of bullies, but they tend to lose a lot of that bravado when they are served with a summons they are being sued personally. :)