TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

If you are a home owner resident of florida and you have a

Customer Question

If you are a home owner resident of florida and you have a owned in georgia that is under bankruptcy can they come back on you if the house does not sell for enough money to cover the loan?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. If I understand you correctly, you're saying that you filed for bankruptcy, and that your house is being sold. You would like to know if the lender can go after you for the deficiency if the house sells for less than what is owed. Is that correct? If so, then the answer is no assuming that you get a discharge in your bankruptcy case. If you get a discharge, then you no longer owe the mortgage debt. Accordingly, there would be no deficiency. The lender is stuck with the proceeds from the sale of the house.Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.