Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I just bought a house 50 days ago. I'm on the mortgage.

Customer Question

Hi I just bought a house 50 days ago. I'm on the mortgage. I let my fiancée sign on the title. We have been married 40 days and she left. Can she get the house. We are in Illinois
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today. Her if you put her name on the title then this is jointly owned as per the deed.As I understand it only you are on the note.You would need to get her to quitclaim her share to you.It is in your interest to try and get her to sign off her interest by quit claim.Otherwise if she is on the deed she has ownership rights.You may try to offer her some money to get her off your title and sign the quit claim.It is a problem since you put her on the title. Forms modify the county here if it is not in Cook County. http://ilfls.com/resources/real_estate_form/ILFLS_quitclaimdeed_cook.pdf I appreciate the chance to help.You can either get a quit claim or divorce and have it awarded to you in property settlement.