Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

Can you translate something ?

Customer Question

Can you translate something for me?
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Type: TRIAL/HEARING POSTPONEMENTComplaint No.:001
Date: Comment:CTRL;06032015;0845A;02;SRNW;BY CLK;PREV SET ON 03252015
Type: HEARING SCHEDULEDComplaint No.:001
Date: Comment:COMP AFFID/MERIT TRL SET;08112015;0845A;LOC02;161B;CTRL
Type: NOTICE SENTComplaint No.:001
Date: Comment:NOTICE OF HEARING/TRIAL POSTPONEMENT - TRIL (ATP)-D2
Type: NOTICE SENTComplaint No.:001
Date: Comment:NOTICE OF SUMMONS RENEWAL (ATP)-P1
Type: SERVICEComplaint No.:001
Date: Comment:SRNW;05072015;DEF;SV-SERVED ;
Type: NOTICE SENTComplaint No.:001
Date: Comment:NOTICE OF OUTCOME OF SPECIFIC SERVICE - SRNW(ATP)-A2
Type: NOTICE SENTComplaint No.:001
Date: Comment:NOTICE OF OUTCOME OF SPECIFIC SERVICE - SRNW(ATP)-A2What does all of this mean?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have absolutely not been served! Yet, I see the word "served".
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..I apologize for the delay, but the question was tied to an expert who isn't online right now so it wasn't released for 15 minutes to the "pool"..This would appear to be where someone filed a motion to have a trial postponed for some reason and there was to be a hearing on the motion. It looks like the court then tried to notify the other party about the motion to continue and the defendant was served on 5/7/2015..Some of the references in the language, like this "SRNW(ATP)-A2" which means Summons Renewal, are just internal court abbreviations that you would have to contact the court clerk and ask them what they mean...thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh no. That is absolutely incorrect. I was never served. What should I do?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
If you were never served with the renewed summons, then they can't proceed with any ongoing case because you have a right to be made legally aware of any pending legal action and have an opportunity to defend or it would be a violation of your procedural due process rights..At this point, I would suggest contacting the court clerk to confirm whether they show if you have been served or not. The notation "Comment:SRNW;05072015;DEF;SV-SERVED" does appear to indicate that they are claiming that you were served, but they might have mailed out a notice and claimed that was service. .If some decision was made in the case without you having formal knowledge about it, then you would then have grounds to file a motion to vacate any decision or judgment as a violation of your rights to due process...thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Yeah, not only was I never served regarding any updates, I was never served at all. Ever.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then your recourse is to file a motion to vacate any judgment if something was ever entered against you and you didn't have an opportunity to defend...thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Barrister. Can you translate this for me?NOTICE OF OUTCOME OF MOTION FILED - 50 (ATP)-G1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does this mean?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
I can't definitively say because I haven't seen the case file to see what type of motion was filed. But my guess is that if this is a creditor action where they are suing a debtor, then they filed a motion for default judgment and were granted it and that entry is to reflect that their motion was granted along with any other instructions the judge ordered..The previous entry on the court docket should state what the motion was that was filed..If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided so I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me...thanks muchBarrister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Barrister. My apologies, I had to step away from my computer. I filed a motion to quash the service because they never actually served me and lied on their affirmation and affidavit. I had proof that I wasn't served. So that is the motion in question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Type: NOTICE SENTComplaint No.:001
Date: 05/12/2015Comment:NOTICE OF SUMMONS RENEWAL (ATP)-P1
ype: SERVICEComplaint No.:001
Date: 05/29/2015Com
Type: NOTICE SENTComplaint No.:001
Date: 06/10/2015Comment:NOTICE OF OUTCOME OF SPECIFIC SERVICE - SRNW(ATP)-A2
Type: MOTION FILEDComplaint No.:001
Date: 07/27/2015Comment:T;07312015;9Z3;DEF;;STRIKE SERVICE ;50
Type: NOTICE SENTComplaint No.:001
Date: 07/31/2015Comment:NOTICE OF OUTCOME OF MOTION FILED - 50 (ATP)-G1
Type: NOTICE SENTComplaint No.:001
Date: 07/31/2015Comment:ALSO SENT TO - DEF,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm listed as the defendant in this matter...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still there?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then this would be the outcome of the motion to quash. It looks like they also state that they have sent the decision on the motion to the defendant, so you should receive it in the mail. . Thanks Barrister