Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

How close to the lot line can your nieghbor build a road in the county

Customer Question

how close to the lot line can your nieghbor build a road in the county in Texas? If/when you can build a structure one foot off the lot line in my county, For land located in the county and can the debris from the construction fall on my side of the lot line?
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in the country on 5 acres my house was built in the ,80s i added on when I got it . The original part of my home is 1 ft off the lot line . When the owner first started to develope his lot he asked to be able to cross my land to get to his , in the process of doing that his equipment operator damaged my septic drain field , he fixed the drain field mechanism but refuse to recover the drain field with top soil that it had before he damaged it. This cause a conflict that led to me given a criminal no trespassing warning as well him however he started file a assault by contact against me with two witness to the act. The problem is it did not happen the assault is a lie. The sheriff got him to drop it if I dropped the claim for restitution for the drain field . His next move was cut a road right on the lot line and tearing out my shade trees that shaded my house but were on his land. Now he is building the road and in the process is piling dirt and rock on my land. Now his road is one foot from my house .
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a survey of your property? The survey should disclose setback lines.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to hit this too hard but your really taking the public for a ride on this web site .
Since when does asking a question qualify as an answer? Do I have a survey? your answer is hardly worth what I paid but I paid therefore the issue is moot. I only wish I find a place to give you a review worthy of the quality of your work
It was not an answer. I asked you a question in order to provide an answer.
Each property can have different setback lines. Let me opt out for an another attorney. Thank you for using JA!