How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I mailed a tenant of a two unit apartment building a 7 day

Customer Question

I mailed a tenant of a two unit apartment building a 7 day notice for non payment of rent on 7/10/2015. On 7/17 the upstairs unit tenant contacted me and said that the tenant that I served was put in jail on 7/15 and someone was in his apartment and having loud parties and loud music and as the tenant I served was their brother they were afraid the intruders would destroy or steal their brothers belongings and had asked them to leave. The intruders refused. After speaking with the intruders and observing the door lock was broken and they stated they had no key I asked them to leave the premises and offered to call the police if they refused. They didn't want the police called and left the apartment. Did I have a legal right to do this? Grand Rapids, MI
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good evening. Just to be clear, did you have a legal right to call the police?

Related Real Estate Law Questions