RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

I served the tenant a 3 day notice and need to continue the

Customer Question

I served the tenant a 3 day notice and need to continue the eviction process. What forms do I need to complete as the tenant rents in Dayton Ohio.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. A landlord must file a complaint against the tenant, go to court, be granted a judgment, and follow the court-instituted eviction procedure to remove the tenant from the premises. The landlord must serve the three-day notice, then wait three business days, which you did. The landlord then files the complaint with the Clerk of Courts. The court date is set for three weeks from the date of filing. Then, if the eviction is granted, the move-out may take place within seven days from the date of hearing. The process in that case would be completed in approximately five weeks. You can contact the clerk of court in the county where the property is located and see if they have the forms online, for you to obtain. If not, they would need to obtained from the clerk of court in person, filled out and filed, to start the process.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!