Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

We purchased a home 2 years ago. Within the past two weeks

Customer Question

We purchased a home 2 years ago. Within the past two weeks we started a home improvement on one of our rooms. When we removed the first board it was completely eaten away by termites (No termites detected). The main support beam downstairs is gone. The wallboard upstairs from that wall is separating. It was like this for the inspection. The inspector noted that there was not visible termite damage. Shouldn't he have questioned why the board upstairs was separating? Do we have a case? Another strange thing to me is that the privious owners put in the disclosure that he treated the home every 8 months for termites. Why so often? We have contacted an attorney and they want $250 just to talk to us. We live in Bushnell Florida. Our phone number is(###) ###-####
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you today.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any reason to believe that the seller had actual knowledge (not a suspicion) if termite infestation?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Are you online with me?