Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

We bought a house in 2006 from ERA. They had it appraised at

Customer Question

We bought a house in 2006 from ERA. They had it appraised
at having 1638 sq ft . Last year we had it appraised again
and found it now has 282 sq ft less. Is this fraud?
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..I am sorry, but I can’t engage in a private one on one phone call as that could imply an attorney-client relationship which I am prohibited from entering into under my independent contractor agreement with JustAnswer..But if you would like to continue on the JustAnswer public site, I can assist with your question...thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I would to procede. Another thing, sence I was not working they gave
My wife the loan on her wages. They stated that she was making $5416
a month. I found this surprising sence she was making p
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
$9.00 an hour. She was 58 years old and I was 64.
We signed the contract on August 28, 2006 with ERA and on
Oct.1, 2006 they sold it to PPH Mortgage Corp. Don Markel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
I am not able to engage in a one on one phone call so I will opt out of the question and open it up to other experts who may be able to help. ..ThanksBarrister
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Hello Don. I am another expert here, and I will try to assist with your question. The mistake in square footage would not constitute fraud unless it could be proved that it was done intentionally by the seller in order to induce you to purchase the home. Mistakes by appraisers in establishing an opinion of value will neither void a sale, nor provide a defense against a mortgage loan. If one pays for a property based on so much per square foot, then a finding of a mistake in that measurement might be grounds for a partial refund; however, nine years has passed, and that raises a statute of limitations question. I hope that this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. That is the only way I will be compensated for assisting you. Bonuses are appreciated too. I will be happy to answer follow-up questions which relate to this one. Also, since we are not acting as your attorney be sure to confirm our information with a local attorney. Thanks for choosing JUST ANSWER.