CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

I have a property in Orlando Florida the tenants are being

Customer Question

I have a property in Orlando Florida the tenants are being evicted for non payment the eviction has been granted and the judge entered a Final judgement for possession about 2 weeks ago.
The Sheriff will be posting a 24 hour notice to vacate within a couple of days, my question:Can I send a letter to the tenants asking them to pay what they owe (all the back rent and my legal fees,*legal fees for an eviction are the responsibility of the tenants as stated in the lease ) in return I will rescind the eviction if they pay?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
You can if you like - although if you have gone to the trouble of going all the way through the unlawful detainer to the point of having to actually do a forcible eviction, I'm not sure this is worth doing (just from experience in landlord/tenant law, you are setting yourself up for a second round - your tenant, assuming they actually come up with the funds, is going to entirely exhaust their reserves by paying you the past due, then immediately become delinquent on the current amount due, and you will be back in court again for a new unlawful detainer).