TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I live on a private road and own my property in nc. The man that owned this land owns prop

Customer Question

I live on a private road and own my property in nc. The man that owned this land owns property on each side of me and still claims he has 30 ft ride away and can com on my property that I own. My deed
Says there are no recorded covedence , so therefore he has no rite to come in my yard?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.You are correct that if the prior owner has no easement (i.e., right of way), then he has no right to enter your property without your permission. Accordingly, you can send him a notification that he is not authorized to enter your property again, and that if he does so then he will be considered trespassing. You could then contact the police and ask that he be arrested. You could also sue him for monetary damages due to his trespassing, and also ask the court to issue an injunction that prohibits him from entering your property again.If I were in your shoes, I would contact the police first, and I would only sue if the police refuse to help for some reason.Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.