WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

Being threatened by HOA Management company to have wages attached,

Customer Question

Being threatened by HOA Management company to have wages attached, being hit with a monthly non conformance charge, liens against the house, etc. because after waiting 10 days for the paint color of my home to be accepted by the governing few here in the neighborhood, I was forced to choose and allow the painters to paint. What can I do? They have given me 10 days from today to respond.
I want to take a 71 house vote on the feelings of the neighborhood as to weather my home is an eyesore with the colors I chose or not. How do I word the heading for the signature paper?
Does anyone there want to take on an HOA for free just because?
Barbara Reimer
Mesa, AZ ***@******.***
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Barbara: They cannot put any lien on the house or garnish your paycheck without first suing you and getting a judgment against you and if they take you to court, you will probably win because it doesn't seem like they have the law on their side or the necessary evidence to get such a judgment. Good luck. I wish you all the best.