Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My questions.I have a second house, my wife and I

Customer Question

My questions.
I have a second house, my wife and I decided, to put it on the Real Estate market and try to sell it.
After, spending well over Fifteen Thousand dollars into the house. And not getting a fair market price. A real Estate firm Offer us One hundred Thousand Dollars.
Which we've don't think that is a good offer for the house after all the money we put into the house.
So, we contacted the real Estate Co, and told them our decisions not to sell the house
Now they telling us we've cannot get out of the selling contract without paying a huge penalty (Are we obligated to sell our house)
The Real Estate Co. Also, telling us the buyer, want us to refund him the money, for a full inspection of the house, without our knowledge
Your Legal advice is welcome
Thanks,
XXXXXX
XXX XXX XXXX
Cell: XXX XXX XXX
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. You shared that an offer was made to buy the home for 100k. Did you sign and accept the offer to just decline to accept it? I I am confused as to why they are saving you have to sell when the offer was never accepted