CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

In SC, who is responsible to remove my tree if it fall by

Customer Question

In SC, who is responsible to remove my tree if it fall by reason of an act of god on my neighbors propert
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,The owner of the tree is responsible for the removal of their tree from their neighbor's property.If you are looking for legal citation (what the injured neighbor would be suing the tree owner for), you would be looking for the law on "private nuisance" and "trespass." (Causing an object to cross onto another person's property is a form of trespass).See: http://www.scbar.org/Portals/0/Documents/CLE/Poliakoff%20Supplemental%20materials.pdf?ver=2014-11-13-143139-630