LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

Property inspections addendum (after inspections)

Customer Question

For the property inspections addendum (after inspections) this language is used to list unsatisfactory conditions: Buyer has attached a copy of the entire inspection report and request that the following list of unsatisfactory items be repaired or corrected
by Seller (the "Corrective Action"). (Additional pages may be attached if necessary.) Agent wants to put: All items listed in report that is unsatisfactory seller to repair or replace Is that sufficient to show that all items in the report are unsatisfactory
to me, any problems or would work generally alright?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Your agent is trying to take a shortcut that could bring on misunderstandings and even possibly hurt the deal. The appropriate way to list the issues that must be addressed by the seller is to attach the inspection report if you wish, and then itemize all things that you claim must be remedied. It may be an additional half hour work for your agent, but there is no substitute for preciseness when buying a home. Also, consider asking for the big ticket items to be repaired and maybe ignore a few of the minor issues---presuming that there are a few minor ones. From the perspective of the seller, if the buyer demands that absolutely every conceivable thing amiss be corrected---the seller may say wait---this is a used house, and then refuse to repair---leaving the possibility of a broken deal. So itemize the things you want repaired---don't simply refer to another document---and consider easing up so as to not to appear too demanding. It will go a long way toward getting the cooperation of the seller, and avoiding a knee-jerk reaction by them. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.I wish you and yours the best in 2015,Doug