Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

DOES A HOMEOWNER IN A CONDO DEVELPEMENT HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW

Customer Question

DOES A HOMEOWNER IN A CONDO DEVELPEMENT HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY A PLAINTIFF IS SEEKING IN A CASE AGAINST THE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is Barrister and I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..Yes, since this is a public matter and directly affects the owner's interest because if the HOA loses, it could cause a special assessment to be levied on the owners, they definitely have a right to information regarding the suit..If the HOA is not forthcoming with details and alleging that they don't comment on pending litigation, then since this would be a matter of public record, anyone could contact the local court clerk and get a copy of the case file showing everything in it, including the complaint and demand that sets out how much the plaintiff is suing for...thanksBarrister