Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I am currently renting a month to month house, pay my rent

Customer Question

I am currently renting a month to month house, pay my rent on time, take care of the yard, etc., and this landlord keeps threatening to evict me every month - can he do this legally?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Legally, a landlord can evict a month to month tenant with 30 day written notice. So if the landlord gives you 30 day written notice, they can evict you for no reason at all or for any reason at all. The landlord cannot harass a tenant to the point they are interfering with your peaceable use and enjoyment of your property and if they are doing so, then you could sue for breach of lease and seek damages from the landlord which can include the costs of you moving to get away from the harassment.