How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 32632
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

RE: Life estate in Wisconsin. When we bought the farm, my

Customer Question

RE: Life estate in Wisconsin. When we bought the farm, my in-laws retained a life estate on the house they were living in. We bought the house with the farm. Now, they will be moving to assisted living, and we would like to know if there is a form for them to relinquish the life estate. Is there anything that could come back to bite us? We have been paying their RE taxes, insurance on the house and contents, lawn mowing, snow plowing for the last 15 years. Is this something we could turn in as expenses if the assisted living/care center came back on the house? We do not plan on turning the expenses in to them.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you this morning.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Are your in laws cooperating with your plans? Are they both legally competent?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Also, how old are they?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Are you still online with me?

Related Real Estate Law Questions