Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have paid the property tax on a property in San Antonio,

Customer Question

i have paid the property tax on a property in San Antonio, TX*****for 20 years. Before I paid any tax I asked the property tax office if I could be granted ownership of the property after ten years.I own 3600.00 on the oproperty now . When I called the tax office to remove my name they saod I could inact the adverse possession. My mon and her first cousin mr Scott has their name on the deed. My mon died in 95 and he dies about 1980 his family were my first cousins but I never them because they resided in Northern California all of their life. They did now want the property after their dad Chester Pitts died in 1980 We paid the tax after that. HOw nuch work is it and what is the aproximately what is the fee. Fast action is needed to start the posssesion The price of the proerty is only about 25,000.00 dollars
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.
I am surprised that the county would tell you that you could be granted ownership after 10 years without explaining the process. I am sorry that you were mislead. I don't know that you need to go through an adverse possession law suit. Is it possible that all of the heirs would agree to having title ownership of the property?
Do you know how Mr. Pitts and you mom hold title on the deed? Do you have a copy of the deed?