Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have a Property located in Jacksonville, FL. that I have

Customer Question

I have a Property located in Jacksonville, FL. that I have had on the market for several months with numerous showings. The problem is the construction(295 express lane) directly in front of the property is turning potential buyers away. This is the 2d time that I have listed the property. The first time was when I relocated. The problem then was city installing sewer lines and contractor leased the lots directly in front of me for a lay down yard. Again, this effected the ability to sale property. I could not continue to list the property then/now and pay mortgage and expenses. I rented for several years awaiting real estate recovery. I have spoken to numerous people DOT and Contractors for assistance without success. I have requested their assistance in constructing a fence or any other solution that would reduce the impact on interested buyers. Now I feel I have no choice but possible litigation. I have done some research and it seems like this is a losing proposition. What is your opinion, please? Thanks
Ken Bates
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Ken, good afternoon. Do you know how long this will go on for? When you say constructing a fence, do you mean to block their work or on your property?