Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Real Estate Lawyer, I have lived in my home

Customer Question

Hello Real Estate Lawyer,
I have lived in my home for 29 years and I am facing lien on the property due to property taxes. I have been unemployed over the past five years due to lay off, cut backs and cancer. I want to know how could I best save my home and loss it to property sheriff sale. My home is paid in full and I facing this new dilemma. Home loss seeking some guidance to save my home.
Sincerely,
Donna
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am truly sorry for this dilemma. But I am not sure I understand the question. Are you asking if the county can take and sell your home to pay this tax debt?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been informed that the property will be placed in lien and/or sheriff sale without the payment of the back taxes on my home by July 17, 2015. I want to know what can I do to stop the loss of my home to sheriff sale while possibly the home is in lien to county for taxes. Do I have a chance to save my home from the sale. If, I can what would be the next step? To answer your question I am certain the tax debt can be pay with the sale of my home to someone else.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
I want to make sure I understand, you have been given notice, in writing, of the sale? Is the sale date listed? IF so when is it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to contact you by phone at this moment because I am at a library addressing my issue of concern regarding my home. I will take the phone number and contact you upon leaving this facility. Perhaps, we can continue with this communication. The paperwork as described has not been issued to me I am attempting to address my problem before the actual process takes place regarding my home.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
I can respond here (typing) or we can set up a phone call for later....let me know your preference.
Phil
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have received phone contacts from the county treasurer's office regarding the possibilities of the transition to lien and sheriff sale to date. I'm guessing this is the beginning stage of the process with property taxes owed. I would like very much to talk by phone. I am unable at the moment can we continue to type. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can be reached by cellphone at(###) ###-####
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thanks...so you want to continue to type? Or you want talk on the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right now type and talk later, please and thank you. Set up a phone contact for later today. My phone capabilities are limited in this library sorry for the inconvenience at this time. Hope this helps!
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thanks...lets do one or the other. No reason to type back and forth if the plan is to talk later...Happy to chat on the phone. Easy. Once you are ready let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Set a phone contact up please and thank you.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** works for you? Or do you want to respond here when you are ready?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be available after 1:00 pm. today thanks!
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thank you...how about 2pm est? Will that work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will make my self available at 2pm.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I will send the offer...once you accept I can provide my #
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Seems there is some confusion...I can not call you unless or until you accept the offer. If you have questions, let me know.