Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Put in a claim agaist hoa fixing external problems-

Customer Question

put in a claim agaist hoa for not fixing external problems- rotted back porch, wall about to fall down, etc. I did these for less than estimate so that I would not have to deal with their lawyers= now they are pushing to upgrade it to civil and have their lawyers attend. Can they do this?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.
What State does your question pertain to? What type of a claim against the HOA did you file?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well I am still without an answer to my question though I already told you I am in Phoenix and did a small claims......................can I upgrade it to higher level if they are allowed to change it to civil court? as I only did lower amount in order to do small claims without lawyers & if so how do I do that?