Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

California, my agent and a prospective tenant falsified documents.

Customer Question

California, my agent and a prospective tenant falsified documents. They use somebody else's name and I trusted my agent. The tenant has trashed the house and landscaping can i just have the law come remove him
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think he may have other people living with him like a brother who I do not know
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
.
Unfortunately no, you would have to proceed with a 3 day notice to vacate due to breaching the lease regarding damage to the property and landscaping and then file a formal eviction action, called an unlawful detainer, in court to get a judgment against the tenant and a writ so you can have the sheriff physically remove them and put you back in legal possession.
.
If you were to call the police, they will show up, tell you it is a civil landlord tenant matter and leave..
.
Then your recourse is to sue the tenant and potentially the agent if they were part of this scheme for any damages that you incurred due to the tenant's action and the agent's actions in negligently renting to someone with falsified info.
.
.
thanks