Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Dear Sirs I wish to draft a surrender of the lease(ast) letter to serve on the tenants w

Customer Question

Dear Sirs
I wish to draft a surrender of the lease(ast) letter to serve on the tenants
what should it contain to ensure it is legally effective?
It is an english tenancy and needs to be based on the law of england and wales
Submitted: 1 year ago via LawDepot.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, Thank you for your question, Regardless of what law you are dealing with, the requirements would be the same in order for the letter to be effective. If you are the landlord seeking to terminate the lease before the termination date stated in the lease, you would have to state the grounds for the early termination. This is usually because of some serious breach of the lease terms by the tenant. If you would state on what grounds you seek to terminate the lease, I will be glad to assist you in drafting the letter. I will await your reply, ANDREA
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****
thank you for your reply. I have already served a s.21 notice(surrender of the lease) and section 8(breaches of the lease,many breaches by the tenants)
But since then literally in the last couple of days,A VERY SERIOUS matter has come to my attention.
The tenants are using the premises for a business trading out of them, as a beauty parlour and letting the public in!
they are running business by way of a limited company and are using our address as a registered office and worse still splitting the address ( 51a and 51..). I consider the co (a separate person in law) to be a trespasser and those persons to whom I let the property for purely residential use are also the directors of the co. I also have total strangers using my premises(other directors of the co) with whom I have no connection whatsoever! I consider them to be frankly squatters! I need to re-possess my property to throw out the company and unauthorised persons and secure the property,and stop the public going in
Our insurance for the property does not permit the company to be there.
I wish to draft 1 suitable surrender notice to the residential tenants but they double up as the company directors in any event,so I guess I need to do one notice that works for all purposes. I want them out by 22nd July. There are rent arrears and I am concerned for the safety of our property and they are all I say just squatters now.
I should be pleased if you draft the notice in view of the serious breaches of the ex tenants and the urgent need for me to repossess the property. If they don t vacate by 22nd,can I send the baliffs around to throw them out?
thank you for your help
I look forward to hearing from you
with Kind regards
Priti
Landlord
I would be glad to draft the letter for you, but would like to review the lease first. Can you send it as an attachment as soon as possible ? I will probably have more questions for you after I review the lease, and believe that it would be more expeditious if we discussed your situation by telephone and the steps you should take in order to protect yourself and your investment. Please let me know if you would be interested in this new feature which JustAnswer has now made available to its customers. Thank you and I look forward to your reply, ANDREA