WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

Need a NJ Property Insurance Attorney. I have 4 questions.

Customer Question

Need a NJ Property Insurance Attorney. I have 4 questions. Scenario: Last year in the month of July, I leased one of my commercial building with an added option for the leesee to buy the property. In the Lessor-Lessee agreement, the Lessee agreed to purchase
all necessary insurance., which I found out in about September 2014 they he did purchase the necessary insurance. But In July 2014 when I leased the building , my insurnce agent also "convined me" that I aslo had to purchase all insurnce for the building Liability,
Fire etc., which was requred by the State Of Nj, so I did. The insurance policy is costing me over $6,000. a year. Evidently the lessee and I ended up having the exact same coverage from different insurance companies. My son told me in 2015, that for two parties
to have the same coverage for the same building in the State Of NJ is illegal. My question is No. 1. is it illegal for 2 different parties to have the same type of coverage for the same building in the State Of NJ? and question No. 2 Is there a civil law in
the state of NJ that give me the civil right to litigate my insurnce company and get my money back. Question No 3. If so, what are the Statues, laws , code and cases can I refer to. It sounds like I was defrauded by my insurnce agent. and, No. 4. Who or what
office in the State NJ should I report my Insurnce company to if I have been defrauded . I need an answer ASAP! Fred July 17, 2015
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I am a NY real estate lawyer and I know Port Chester. Please accept the phone chat and you can submit the documents then we will discuss. Look forward to speaking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not ready nor can I afford to speak to an attorney by phone at this time, Im simply need at this point and time an answer to those 4 questions That I asked concerning Nj insurance. Thank you.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
OK. Thanks. Please accept this answer, rate 4 or 5 so that we can close out question. I'll be happy to speak when you are ready.