Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have a rental contract years with a gentleman who

Customer Question

I have a rental contract for two years with a gentleman who signed last november due to family illness they just now have decided to move their antiques into the house to start a little business since nov noone was living there and no air was circulating the whole time needless to say there is mold in the house some bad and some just topical before even asking if I would have the mold removed and fixing the problem he said he wanted to be released from the lease and given the first and last months rent plus the 800 he paid tomhave house checked for mold before calling me what rights do I have to keepmhim in
The lease
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. If I may ask, this was initially set up to be a residential lease or a commercial lease? As far as mold, was it present when the person moved in, or did the person cause the mold to appear, or you do not know?