Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor, multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation & admin
18572087

Buying a house on contract and the seller is trying to evict

Customer Question

Buying a house on contract and the seller is trying to evict us without following the contract. The buyer has shown up without notice witch is a violation, after I forgot to to pay the property taxes which I have the money to pay and she refused that payment, after verbally telling me that we had until August 1st to pay. What if anything can I do???
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. Yes, you can still pay the taxes--simply contact the county tax office and pay there directly. Provided that the taxes are not behind, the office will accept it, and you will no longer be in violation...which will now bar them from evicting. And if they try, you can then counter sue in court for bad faith, breach of contract, and seek damages as the other party is intentionally attempting to make you breach.Sincerely, ***** *****