LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

My home has a trustee sale Tues. We were denied on

Customer Question

My home has a trustee sale for next Tues. We were denied on the modification and sent a new mod. for a year and half I have tried with a mod agent to get a mod. Yesterday Nationstar would not allow any info to get us as to the package totally submitted as to what docs were still required. My wife was the holder and ower of the note and tiltle. We changed title to myself several weeks before Leslie passed away from Cancer and being at home on a ventilator for 17 years with ALS. Nationstar says I need an executor agreement from the court. Is this true?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry for your loss. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Because your wife was the only one on the loan, she was the only one that could legally seek a modification of the loan, or demand any documentation concerning the loan. Being on the title does not grant you any rights as regards ***** *****
You will need to file a Probate action in court and be appointed as Executor of the estate before you will have the right to demand documentation from the lender.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug