Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have been living in a "rent to own" mobile home

Customer Question

I have been living in a "rent to own" mobile home for three years. I have sent payment the owner now says he has not received. The last payment was in September 2014. In October I received my payment back saying the owner no longger lives there. There has been not other contact until now and they want the full amount or me out. Do I have options?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello there --Do you have a written agreement regarding the rent to own provision of the lease AND a written statement of where to send the rent?Also, it sounds as if you have not paid rent since last September -- have you saved the monthly payments to give to the landlord in the event that they came looking for those payments? MARY