Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

In November 2013, I was given 2 Lots freely and voluntarily

Customer Question

In November 2013, I was given 2 Lots freely and voluntarily via a Quit Claim Deed. The deed was notarized and filed on record in the county courthouse. The person (she) who gave me the property in question has a double-wide mobile home (which she is making payments on) that sit on the 2 Lots. Since November 2011, she has rented to me a room in the mobile home (and gave me access to the kitchen and bathrooms) for $425.00 a month (utilities included). Now she has retained the service of lawyers to force me into getting a loan to make the monthly payments on the mobile home. They are threatening to evict me from the mobile home, and take back the 2 Lots which she freely and voluntarily deeded to me if I do not assume the loan to make the monthly mobile home payments. My question is: Am I being made the victim of a fraudulent act by this person who deeded me the 2 Lots?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I assume that she actually owned the lots prior to giving you the quitclaim deeds. Have you recorded the quitclaim deeds with the county deed records?