Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We had put our home on market , and then decided to

Customer Question

We had put our home on market for sale, and then decided to back out of the sale with the buyer due to health issues. We have not received any earnest money and have not signed the real estate contract. The only document is a purchase agreement. Now the buyer is requesting $6000.00 before he signs the termination agreement. He has no had the home appraised and his deadline is 07/15/2015. He is threatening to sue us unless we pay him $6000.00. Is this legal and are we bound to this even though we have not signed the final real estate contract.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Can you provide me just a bit more information? Could you attach a copy of the document that was signed? Thanks.