Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have a tenant that signed a 1 year lease on 30 July 2014.

Customer Question

I have a tenant that signed a 1 year lease on 30 July 2014. They called me last month and asked if they could leave the lease early. I stated that they could, only if I could advertise and find another tenant, they agreed. I had multiple people interested and a couple wanted to be able to move in 1 July 2015. I asked the tenant and they agreed. This all happen while the tenant was out of state. They stated that they hired a moving company and would be out by 28 June 2015, this never took place. Several emails latter he stated that he would be out by 4 July 2015, this never happen. Mean while the new tenants gave notice and needed to move in. I asked him if they could move and and place all of his items in the garage, he agreed, 09 July 2015 he came to the house, I thought to remove his items, but he took his car and left. He sent several emails that he would back to remove his items, but never showed. He did the same thing Friday, but never showed. all of this and he still has not paid July rent. what can I legally do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help you.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.
I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.