Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I unfortunately forgot to answer a notice to admit. I didn't

Customer Question

I unfortunately forgot to answer a notice to admit. I didn't realize it had a 20 day requirement to answer. I had sent it to a lawyer I was dealing with to late and have since fired them and now they won't send it back to me told me I have to pick it up. What should I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.You can contact lawyers office and ask for another copy in writing and an extension to reply..You can respond here even if it is late if the other partty agrees.

Here is a sample response you will have to modify it to your situaiton but it gives you a form to follow for style.

You want to make such a request today eitehr by fax or email.You don't want to let this go for any longer period.

Reference.

http://www.crotononhudson-ny.gov/public_documents/crotonhudsonny_webdocs/1a-CPA-folder/Response%20to%20Notice%20to%20Admit%205%20-3-10-14.pdf

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Karen law for reference.

N.Y. CVP. LAW § 3123 : NY Code - Section 3123: Admissions as to matters of fact, papers, documents and photographs

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/CVP/31/3123

Ask the lawyer here for an extension.I appreciate the chance to be of service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ray, Have not spoke to you in a while. Can I call or should it be in writing?

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
You can call, see if they agree, get in in writing you can shoot them a letter saying this letter is to confirm your extension until July ...,2015 that way you document it if it is an issue.If you canont reach the lawyer I would go on and send an email today here to confirm.I honestly don't think this will be a problem.

Sorry you had this happen , I hope you can get an extension.Good to chat with you again Karen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Whats the best way to answer it without getting in trouble I don't want to deny or admit can I say I don't recall?

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

When in doubt deny it here and force them to rove otherwise.Thats the same play to not admit to anything.Unless they ask something undisputed like --is your your name is ***** *****, then deny it.They then have to prove it up at hearing.

Thanks for the follow up and good luck here.If you can leave a positive rating it is always much appreciated.